We have sequenced and annotated two strains of green algae, Micractinium conductrix sp. 241.80 and Chlorella sorokiniana UTEX 1602. By doing so we hope to uncover the pathway that is responsible for an interesting phenotype where at low pH, M. conductrix secretes sugars into the media. We also sequenced C. sorokiniana as a reference strain as it does not secrete sugars at all. We sequenced both strains with PacBio and Illumina and also performed RNA Seq on both organisms at high and low pH to compare their transcriptomes.
- Micractinium conductrix sp. 241.80
- Chlorella sorokiniana UTEX 1602
We sampled various Minnesota freshwater ponds to isolate bacterial strains that can utilize cellulose as its sole carbon source. By sequencing their genomes we hope to learn more about the genes that allow for this phenotype and possibly use these pathways for novel bioremediation technologies.
- PSBB006 – Cellvibrio sp. CP021382
- PSBB019 – Cellulosimicrobium cellulans CP021383
- PSBB021 – Cellulomonas sp. CP021430
- PSBB022 – Cellvibrio mixtus
- PSBB023 – Cellvibrio sp. CP019799